Shelter-in-place | May update
As the Bay Area prepares to shelter in place through the end of May and reopen some businesses, we will be soft opening our optical practice this month to limited hours. New safety measures and stricter than usual sanitation practices will be implemented to ensure our patients, communities, and our families stay safe. Please reach out to us to schedule an appointment.
We will be open Tuesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays in May, from 12PM-5PM and adjusting as needed. The following is our 10-Point Visit Checklist for each visit:
1. One patient/family (max 4 total family members) at a time in the office
2. Check-in health questionnaires must be filled out (one per family) prior to entry
5. Any frames tried on during the visit will be sanitized in our ultrasonic cleaner and cleaned prior to returning to frame boards. Finished orders being picked up will be disinfected after final inspection and adjustments
6. All adjusting equipment and trays will be sanitized after each use
7. Our bathrooms will be closed until further notice for public use
8. Doorknobs, table surfaces, and personal belongings stations are wiped after each exit
9. Our children’s table with Lego’s will be removed until further notice. If you will be bringing children, please plan to bring something to keep them occupied during your visit
10. iPads will be wiped down after each patient encounter
All walk-ins will be greeted by our sign outdoors and asked to fill out the questionnaire prior to entering. Should there be an appointment going on, the sign will have a timeslot you may return.
Due to implementation of new safety protocols, all non-Specs purchased frames will be charged a $20 fee for any adjustments needed, subject to more depending on work needed. New lens cloth used during visit will be given to patients after their visit. Adjustments for Specs’ patients with Specs’ frames will remain complimentary.
Box of Specs, At-home-try-on
If you are unable to make it to the store, we have created a virtual visit experience. Please contact us to schedule a virtual visit to have a personalized Box of Specs sent to you, so you may try on frames from the comfort of your home.
If you need cloth masks during this time, please don’t hesitate to reach out. Mary has tirelessly been cranking these out and are available for all our patients on a first come first serve basis. If you would like to donate any funds or materials to get these made, please contact us. We are working to get these in our communities so medical grade masks can go to the hospitals and front line workers.
Additionally, we have ordered a new air purifier, hand sanitizers, and fully stocked on disinfectant. We understand that these measures seem extreme, but our main priority is the health and wellbeing of our patients, communities, and families. Your support, understanding, and cooperation during this time is greatly appreciated and will help our communities stay safe. The new norm will be different and new to us all but we look forward to navigating it together as a community.
Stay healthy and be safe!
Leave a Reply.